45:e festivalen 28 jan - 6 feb, 2022
28 Jan -
6 Feb, 2022
Guidelines – Development support
Open for submission May 10 – June 10
Development support aims to provide conditions for a project, film or series, to reach the final stage of development and financing. The grant can for an example be used for development of the script (research, writing, script consultants) but also to bring the project to possible financiers, co-production meetings and festival markets.
- Eligible projects must be in a phase where a treatment, as well as a development budget and financing plan, is available.
- Applicants are the main producer or the director/screenwriter of the project.
- The prime consideration of the selection committee is the artistic quality of the project and the strength of the story. Consideration is also given to projects with particular cultural and social relevance.
- The maximum contribution is SEK 100 000 (≈ € 10 000).
- The approved amount will be transferred as soon as the contract is signed.
- When a supported film is finalized, Göteborg Film Festival will have the rights to screen its world, European or Scandinavian premiere at Göteborg Film Festival, with no screening fees charged.
Procedure for applying
All requested application material must be submitted in English. Visual material must be subtitled in English if not the dialogue is in English.
The application is divided in two phases. In phase 1 the applicants fill in the application form and send it along with requested application material to firstname.lastname@example.org
information, phase 1
- General information (Title, production country/ies, type of film/series, language)
- Project information (Project description, contacts)
- Director/screenwriter’s statement (max 2 pages or max 2 minutes video)
- Director/screenwriter’s biography/filmography (max 2 pages)
- Synopsis (Max 1000 words)
- Development schedule
After the first phase a pre-selection will be made. All applicants will be notified by mail.
Selected projects will then be asked to proceed to phase 2 in the application process and provide the selection committee with additional information and materials.
Requested information, phase 2
- Treatment (5 – 20 pages)
- Director’s visual and artistic approach (max 2 pages or max 2 min video)
- Previous work by the director/screenwriter (screener links) (with English subtitles, if available)
- Financing plan incl. information (if available) regarding secured financing
- Filmography of the producer/production company (if available)
- An international pre-selection committee will evaluate all valid submissions and make a pre-selection within four weeks after the deadline. The work will be headed by the fund manager of the Göteborg Film Fund 2021, working together with other members of the Göteborg Film Festival programming team as well as international experts from the eligible countries.
- The applicants of the pre-selected projects will be asked to submit the material asked for in the second round of selection. This must be done within a week. If not done within this time the project may be rejected.
- The applications will then be read again by the pre-selection committee, who will make recommendations regarding which projects to be supported.
- The decisions will be made by the selection committee.
The final selection will be announced within three months after the first deadline.
Innovative Distribution support