45:e festivalen 28 jan - 6 feb, 2022
28 Jan -
6 Feb, 2022
Guidelines and regulations – Post-production support
Open for submission May 10 – June 10
Post-production support aims to contribute to the finalization of a feature film (fiction, documentary, animation) or independent series.
- Eligible projects must be in a phase where a rough cut or excerpted scenes (min 30 minutes) are available.
- The prime consideration of the selection committee are the artistic qualities of the project and the strength of the story. Consideration is also given to projects with particular cultural and political relevance.
- Applicant is the main producer of the project.
- The maximum grant is SEK 350 000 (≈ € 35 000). 50% of the money will be transferred as soon as the contract is signed. The other 50% when the film is finalized and a copy with English subtitles is made available to Göteborg Film Fund 2021, together with a report on the use of the support.
- When a supported film is finalized, Göteborg Film Festival will have the rights to screen its world, European or Scandinavian premiere at Göteborg Film Festival, with no screening fees charged.
- Göteborg Film Festival will obtain non-exclusive VOD rights within Sweden, to spread the film to the Swedish audience via its streaming platform Draken Film.
Procedure for applying
All application material must be submitted in English. Visual materials must be subtitled in English if not the spoken language is English.
Fill in the application form and provide the following material and send it along with requested material to email@example.com
- General information (Title, length, language, production countries)
- Credits and contacts (Director, producer, writer and (if available) sales agent)
- Financial information (Total budget and financing plan in Euro)
- Synopsis (max 1000 words)
- Biography and filmography of the director (max 2 pages)
- Production schedule (incl. current state of production)
- Screener of a rough cut (or excerpted scenes, min 30 minutes)
- Director’s statement, visual and artistic approach (max 2 pages or a maximum 2 minutes video )
- Producer’s statement incl. distribution strategy (max 2 pages)
- Information on existing co-production agreements and agreements with sales agents, that could in any way affect the agreement with Göteborg Film Fund 2021.
An international pre-selection committee will evaluate all valid submissions and make recommendations regarding which projects to be supported. The work is headed by the fund manager of the Göteborg Film Fund 2021, working together with other members of the Göteborg Film Festival programming team as well as international experts from the eligible countries.
- The pre-selection committee will make recommendations regarding which projects to be supported.
- The decisions will then be made by the selection committee.
- The final selection will be announced on an on-going basis, from 1-3 months after the deadline.
Innovative Distribution support